First big milestone complete! We’ve hired an architect and begun some initial demolition to test out structural integrity and the see the shape of the walls and floors.
First things first, we got rid of that hideous paneling upstairs. Now we can see the footprint of the whole floor and all the interesting variations in ceiling heights. The rooms up here are going to be spectacular.
Next, getting to the bottom of the mystery that is the room with the horse stalls. Directly underneath the stalls in the creepy dirt floor basement is a cask of the amontilladao style sealed up area. It looks like a tomb or something. We thought it might have been a manure pit but, no one was too sure. The contractors pulled up some of the floor and we stuck a camera down into the hole to check it out.
We also took up some other parts of the floor, ceiling and some walls
Initial Blueprint Plans
We also started looking at preliminary plans from the architect. She’s got a lot of great ideas and some interesting thoughts about how to filter natural light throughout the place. The stairs have proven to be a little tricky but, we will figure out where they work best.